Tuesday, February 03, 2015

My Fitbit and Me




I received a Fitbit for Christmas.  No insult.  I wanted one.  I had a little trouble putting it on, but with the help of three people, I figured it out and now I can do it all by myself.  I had a little trouble understanding how to use it.  Where to look for help is a little confusing, but customer service is really nice.

It kind of bothered me that I could run up and down two flights of stairs all day doing laundry and it would say I took five steps, but I try not to put it in context, and as long as it says I walked more or burned more calories I am fine with that.

I had a little difficulty understanding the sleep program which I was particularly interested in.  This is where info conflicted, but I set it up.  First time it said I slept seven minutes.  Probably not accurate, but whatever. I wore it constantly and thought I was aces.  I even wore it in the shower sometimes.  Only sometimes.  It says it is shower proof, but you are not going to pull the wool over this old girl's eyes.  Usually.

Then one night, I set it for going to bed.  I guess they don't care what you do in there.  The next morning I took it off to get in the shower and forgot to put it back on right away.  When I noticed that, I put it on and went to my computer to see what it said.  It said I slept for 68 hours.

For my age, I think I am doing fairly well with all this technology stuff. 


4 comments:

  1. That' a truly sad story. I know some people are uncomfortable around other's distress and can't empathise but surely they can make allowances not to expect them to party so soon after what is a heartbreaking loss.
    xxx Huge Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you again,David. I thought you were the one that unsubscribed for political reasons. But then I read your blog about your Peace group, and I know you have a big heart. I enjoy Reuben on Pinterest. Isn't he growing into being a gorgeous kid?................................................

      Delete
  2. You get FAR more sleep than I do, my dear. But I would pay money to sleep for 68 straight hours. Big money.
    Loved your story but even more the way you tell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Suzanne, even tho I feel I twisted your arm! Bunch of others did, too. Thanks for the boost. It is hard to get back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. I'm so glad you stopped by