Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In the Mood

Strange how things can work out so well if you are just in the mood for them.  Maybe like sex.  I don't remember.  But this publishing thing?  I can put a book on the site and actually sell them to people.  Hey, I am pretty great.  Then I notice one little thing I want to change, and I cannot even find the f-ing "Tool" bar in the word program.  C'mon.  How many times have I done this?

Sometimes my mind is like a whirlpool and the thoughts just keep swirling around and I am going deeper and deeper, but tonight my mind is a puddle of sludge on a hot day.  I do not want to probe beyond the surface and, in actual fact, I don't want to be any where near it.

The only thing that bothers me about this is that, truly, I do not want people to see my mistakes.  I know, I have seen typos in two page spread perfume ads in Vogue magazine, but damnit, I want my title page to be the best title page in the world.  And I am apparently competing with an awful lot of freaking perfectionists, because I have satisfied everyone's requirements except fucking Apple.  And they have said they sell more epub books than anyone.  Where do the people that publish for Apple live?  And where do all the people live that buy Apple epubs?  I have never heard of one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. I'm so glad you stopped by