Saturday, March 31, 2012

High Times

Just read an article in the Chicago Tribune that some of the drug manufacturers are getting worried because anti depressant sales are tanking. This is of great interest to me.

I am old. Not that old, but pretty fucking old. I have a copy of the ORIGINAL Whole Earth Catalog. There were many subsequent ones like the New Whole Earth Catalog, but I own one of the real ones. Most of it contains different ways of exploring how to get high. And I tried most of them. I am proud to say I have NEVER taken a hallucinogen. Really. Why would I have to? You have no idea how fucking bizarre my life has been. And, no, I am not one of those people who THINK their life has been bizarre. It has been and continues to be--at a much slower rate. My reproductive history alone, which most of you do not want to hear about, is far more bizarre and unbelievable than that of Nadya Suleiman. Trust me on this.

I take a prescription antidepressant among other things. It runs in my family. My mom and dad both took them. First Gin and then Vodka. I tried that, but I was a migraine person so it didn't work out for me so I ended up in doctor's offices instead of liquor stores. And, like there is a difference between Grey Goose and well vodka, there are differences in doctors and Rx's. One thing, did you not ever wonder why any prescription that has any kind of psycho active effect, whether it be a low dose paxil or a Lunesta or whatever, strongly advises you not to take St. John's Wort? How big a deal was it when GNC started to sell it? They would run out. Like chew on the bark of two willows and call me in the morning? So, it doesn't have to be a prescription, you know that, right?

One of the things mentioned was that magic mushrooms (Psilocybin or 'shrooms) was being investigated for the purpose of being used as an antidepressant. Like Carlos Castenada didn't already know that? Oh, man. I can't wait. I hope I live long enough to see psilocybin mushrooms on the shelf in the GNC store. Guess who will be waiting when the store opens?

Today's CTA: what makes you feel high?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. I'm so glad you stopped by