Friday, December 21, 2012

A SOPHIST SPEAKS ON HAPPINESS





SOPHIST:


Dictionary.com:
a person who reasons adroitly and speciously rather than soundly.



Sean Penn went on and on in a Huffington Post blog (Geez, they'll print anyone, even me)  about us being an unhappy nation and Obama shouldn't criticize Chavez and we shouldn't worry about importing coca leaves cuz it is only used for tea.  Jesus tap dancing Christ.  I don't know how this guy sleeps at night.  He uses huge polysyllabic words and long convoluted sentences, I guess so he sounds knowledgeable.  

All this to counteract his Jeff Spicoli persona? 

Kids are starving in Appalachia cuz of some glitch in the inner workings of American bureaucracy and he is applauded for sending money to Haiti.  Not that he shouldn't, but you get my meaning. 

How often do we preach the old saw about how you can't rely on someone else for your happiness?  Happiness is a personal state of mind not yet another political agenda.  Chewing coca leaves may contribute to that. 

1 comment:

  1. Sean Penn is a huge fucking toolbag. Scuse my French.

    Jonathan
    www.ireadabookonce.com

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts with me. I'm so glad you stopped by